Memento




 Family

Wood, ink, chain

3x2x2









This sculpture represents the different feelings of my family. There are a lot of memories with highs and lows that I experienced with each member of my family. Highs like my 16th birthday party are depicted in the smooth feeling of the entire sculpture. It also shows up in the rounded edges and even more in the contrast between a larger, rounder end and a smaller, more pointy end. The pointed end is to show the lows that I had, like fights and my parent's divorce. This contrast is also represented by the color contrast, a darker color on the rounded side and the wood's natural color on the pointed side. The ups and downs will always be around. I wanted the lines in the wood to show up as much as possible to show the creativity my family embodies but also the mess and disorder the four of us all harbor. The chain, in contrast to the smooth wood, also represents a similar thing. I also wanted to put something through the middle of the sculpture to incorporate my own place in this, holding everything together through the chaos. Everything about this is contrasting, including its size, compared to the large amounts of emotions and trauma I have from these people. 


In process


Comments